Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Band I Dig: The Getaway Plan


The Getaway Plan is an awesome band from Australia, they put out a new album recently, although I'm currently blanking on when it was (agh, I'm such a bad blogger!) Wikipedia describes them as combining pop and screamo rock -- the result is pretty darn addicting if you ask me. I'm ususaly not all that into bands that do the whole "screaming" thing, but The Getaway Plan does it in a way so that doesn't really take away anything from the music itself. But as usual there music speaks to what they sound like way better than I can describe it. There new album is called Other Voices, Other Rooms most of the song below are from that album except for "If The Suspense Doesn't Kill Us..." (from their album Hold Conversation) and "Strings" (from their Demo.) Here's a link to their Myspace,  and their website (is it just me or doesn't it totally look like they use blogger too?)


1 comments:

Soggy Bottom, DC said...

Love your blog layout--thanks for the band scouting!