Saturday, April 26, 2008

Kick Ass Program: Samsung Mobile Fresh Films

Since my passion is film I concluded I had to to a post about film since almost everything else so far has been about music, ( though music is my second favorite thing.) Fresh Films is a film program exclusively for teens. For one week teens work to make a film, taking over everything from casting, shooting, and editing. The best part is they don't charge tuition, you just have to provide your own housing and transportation. This year they're expanding, calling out for teen writers and musicians as well as designers for a tee shirt contest along with their traditional filmmaking. After the films are made, they're scored and critiqued by a panel of industry pros and fans can vote for their favorite online. Some even make to film festivals.

I really think this is an amazing program since it's pretty hard for teens to gain access to professional equipment and resources (unless you're the child of Steven Spielberg.) The deadline to apply for filmmaking roles is May 5.


(Thank you to every one who left me comments! I promise to return the favor, I'll probably be a little busy trying to submit some assignment in the next few days, but I'm pretty sure I bookmarked you blogs so I can keep reading about all of the interesting things you have to say. :)

0 comments: